The Crunch franchises are fitness centers that offer members basic health club services, including cardiovascular equipment, selectorized weight machines, free weights, group fitness classes, personal training, tanning, already-made protein shakes, and online nutritional programs.
The brand Crunch offers franchise opportunities under the legal name of the company ”Crunch Franchising, LLC” whose principal business address is 1 Harbour Place Suite 230, Portsmouth, NH 03801, USA.
Franchise Legal Name: Crunch Franchising, LLC
Franchise Trade Name (DBA): Crunch
Founded: 1989 in Greenwich Village, New York City, USA
Founder: Doug Levine
Current Owner: Champion TopCo, LP
CEO: Ben Midgley
Operating Status: Active
Started Franchising: 2010
Industry: Fitness & Health
The Total Number of Stores Worldwide: 408
The Total Number of U.S Based Franchisee-Owned Units: 287
Investment Cost for Starting One Franchise Unit in the USA:
- $668,000 to $3,488,000 to start a new ”Crunch Fitness” franchise location.
- $398,500 to $2,362,000 to start a new ”Sport” franchise location.
- $1,237,000 to $6,986,000 to start a new ”Crunch Signature” franchise location.
Average Gross Sales per One Crunch U.S.-Based Franchise Unit
- $2,081,471 of Gross Revenue has made average earning Crunch Fitness franchise in the 2021 fiscal year.
Expected Franchise Owner Profit Margin From Gross Revenue:
Franchise Business Address:
- 1 Harbour Place Suite 230, Portsmouth, NH 03801, USA.
Website: Franchise Opportunities | Crunch
Crunch Franchisee Initial and Ongoing Financial Requirements
Net Worth: $2,000,000 Min.
Liquid Assets/Cash Requirement: $500,000 Min.
Initial Fee Cost: $25,000 – $50,000
Ongoing Monthly/Weekly Franchisee Royalty Fees:
- Franchisor Royalty Fee: 5.0 % of Gross Sales Level
- Marketing Contribution Fee: 2% of Gross Sales Level
- Local Advertising Fee: 7% of Gross Sales Level
Crunch Average Annual Gross Sales Level per One Franchise Unit
- In the 2021 fiscal year highest performing Crunch franchise made $5,445,923, and the lowest-performing location made $412,027 of Gross Revenue.
- $2,081,471 of Gross Revenue was average for the whole franchising concept in 2021.
Number of U.S. – Based Crunch Fitness Centers by Years
- At the beginning of 2023, there were 408 Crunch Gyms opened worldwide; 287 were U.S-based franchisee-owned locations
- In 2022 there were 287 franchisee-owned and 48 franchisor-owned stores in the USA
- In 2021 there were 260 franchisees-owned and 26 company-owned stores operating in the USA.
- In 2020 229 franchisees-owned and 26 company-owned stores were operating in the USA.
Ben Midgley has been Crunch’s Chief Executive Officer since August 2014.
Daniel Gallagher has been Chief Financial Officer since February 2018.
Michael J. Blouin was appointed Senior Vice President of Corporate Development in March 2011.
Craig Pepin-Donat has been Executive Vice President of Operations since May 1, 2014.
Chad Waetzig became Executive Vice President of Marketing and Branding in October 2016.
John Merrion has been Director of Sales since June 2014.
Gregory McDonough has been Franchise Sales Account Executive since April 2017.
Mark S. Mastrov, James P. Rowley, and Jonathan Coslet are Managers of this fast-growing franchising brand.
Paul Farber has been the Principal since January 2022.
Tony Bakos took Secretary office in March 2018
Timothy Welsh became SVP of Development in March 2021.