Tommy’s Express Car Wash is a brand that offers franchises for the operation of an ultra-modern car wash, which features a distinctive acrylic roof with innovative systems, designs, and equipment, such as a modular control station and a flight deck control center which reduce labor costs to a minimum.
The brand Tommy’s Express Car Wash offers franchise opportunities under the legal name of the company ”Tommy’s Express LLC.” whose principal business address is 240 East 8th Street Holland, MI 49423, USA.
Franchise Legal Name: Tommy’s Express LLC
Franchise Trade Name (DBA): Tommy’s Express Car Wash
Founded: 1969 in Holland, Michigan, USA
Founder: Tom and Ryan Essenburg
Current Owner: Essenburg Family
Chairman: Tom Essenburg
CEO: Alex Lemmen
Operating Status: Active
Started Franchising: 2016
Industry: Automotive Maintenance
The Total Number of Stores Worldwide: 116
The Total Number of U.S Based Franchisee-Owned Units: 110
Investment Cost for Starting One Franchise Unit in the USA:
- From $5,296,471 to $7,166,726 for Traditional Locations
Average Gross Sales per One U.S.-Based Franchise Unit:
- An average earning Tommy’s Express Car Wash franchise made $3,024,797.75 in Gross Sales for the 2021 fiscal year.
Expected Franchise Owner Profit Margin From Gross Revenue:
Franchise Business Address:
- 240 East 8th Street Holland, MI 49423, USA.
Phone: (616) 494-0411
Franchising Inquiry E-Mail: Info@tommys-express.com
Tommy’s Express Franchisee Initial and Ongoing Financial Requirements
Net Worth: $1M
Liquid Assets/Cash Requirement: min. $500,000
Initial Fee Cost: $50,000
Ongoing Monthly/Weekly Franchisee Royalty Fees:
- Franchisor Royalty Fee: 4% of Gross Sales
- Brand Development Fee: 1% of Gross Sales
- Local Marketing Fee: 2% of Gross Sales
Tommy’s Express Car Wash Average Annual Gross Sales Level per One Franchise Unit
- In the 2021 fiscal year, an average-earning Tommy’s Express franchised location yielded its owners $3,024,797.75 of Gross Sales.
- First-year opened franchises made a stunning average of $1,476,699.24 in Gross Sales for new franchisees in 2021.
- Franchises that are in the second year of business on average had $1,954,803.59 of Gross Sales in 2021
Number of U.S. – Based Tommy’s Express Stores by Years
- In 2023, 116 Tommy’s Express car washing stores are presented on the USA market; 110 are franchisee-owned, and six are franchisor-owned locations.
- In 2022 there were 69 franchisee-owned and three franchisor-owned stores in the USA.
- In 2021 there were 39 franchisees-owned and four company-owned stores operating in the USA.
In 2020 there were 14 franchisees-owned and four company-owned stores operating in the USA.
Tom Essenburg is Tommy’s Express Car Wash Founder and Chairman.
Ryan Essenburg has been President since September 2015.
Alex Lemmen was appointed as a Chief Executive Officer in April 2020
Andrew VanWylen has been a Chief Operating Officer since June 2021
Sean Oatney was appointed as a Vice President of Franchise Development in March 2022
Mandi Brower has been Director since this company’s inception in September 2015.
Mike Lemmen has been Brand President since January 2022.
Larry Pethick has been Vice President of Marketing since September 2020.
Bill Veldhuizen has been Vice President of Finance since December 2021.
Max Bielby and Steve Fecko have been the Regional Franchise Sales Directors since November 2021.
Blake Peterson has been the Director of Real Estate and Project Development since November 2021.
Kristy Sherlund has been the Director of Retail Marketing since September 2021.