Valvoline Instant Oil Change franchises are car service garages whose core business is to offer a quick-service engine oil change, chassis lubrication, certain routine maintenance checks, and other related automotive services.
The brand Valvoline Instant Oil Change offers franchise opportunities under the legal name of the company ”Valvoline Instant Oil Change Franchising, Inc.” whose principal business address is 100 Valvoline Way Lexington, KY 40509 USA.
Franchise Legal Name: Valvoline Instant Oil Change Franchising, Inc.
Franchise Trade Name (DBA): Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Founded: 1985 in Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Founder: Valvoline Corporation
Current Owner: Valvoline Inc.
CEO: Sam Mitchell
Operating Status: Active
Started Franchising: 1988
Industry: Automotive Maintenance
The Total Number of Stores Worldwide:1,573
The Total Number of U.S Based Franchisee-Owned Units: 817
Investment Cost for Starting One Franchise Unit in the USA:
- From $204,750 to $3,270,550 for starting the Valvoline Instant Oil Change service garage.
Average Gross Sales per One U.S.-Based Franchise Unit:
- On average, these garages make approximately $1,500,000 in Gross Revenue per year.
Expected Franchise Owner Profit Margin From Gross Revenue:
Franchise Business Address:
- 100 Valvoline Way Lexington, KY 40509 USA.
Valvoline Instant Oil Franchisee Initial and Ongoing Financial Requirements
Net Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Assets/Cash Requirement: $600,000
Initial Fee Cost: $30,000
Ongoing Monthly/Weekly Franchisee Royalty Fees:
- Franchisor Royalty Fee: 4-6% of Adjusted Gross Revenue
- National Fund Fee: 2% of Adjusted Gross Revenue
- Local Advertising Fee: 3% of Adjusted Gross Revenue
Valvoline Instant Oil Change Average Annual Gross Sales Level per One Franchise Unit
- An average-earning Valvoline Instant Oil Change yields approximately $1,500,000 in Gross Revenue per year to its owner.
Number of U.S.- Based Valvoline Instant Oil Stores by Years
- At the beginning of 2023, there were 1,573 Valvoline Oil Change stores opened worldwide; 817 of them were U.S-based franchisee-owned locations.
- In 2022 there were 817 franchisee-owned and 756 franchisor-owned car garages in the USA.
- In 2021 there were 770 franchisees-owned and 663 company-owned oil change garages in the USA.
- In 2020 778 franchisees-owned and 549 company-owned stores were operating in the USA.
Lori A. Flees was appointed as President of Retail Services in April 2022.
Alexis Bowling has been Senior Counsel of Lead Litigation and Employment Counsel for Valvoline US since August 2016
Adam C. Worsham has been Vice President of Franchising for Valvoline since
Laura E. Carpenter has served as a member of the Board of Directors since April 2018, and since August 2019, she has been in the office of Vice President of Marketing.
Mahmoud “Mack” Sharaf has been Vice President of Investor Relations and Treasurer since February 2021.
Lisa Culp has been the Director of Franchising for the USA market since October 2022.
Justin P. Lacy has been the Director of Franchise Operations for Valvoline Instant Oil Change since October 2022.