Ziebart franchises are car detailing garage stores that offer appearance and protection services to motor vehicles, including the application of protective coatings, detailing services, window treatment, and installation of accessory products.
The brand Ziebart offers franchise opportunities under the legal name of the company ”Ziebart Corporation.” whose principal business address is 1290 E. Maple Road, Troy, MI 48083, USA.
Franchise Legal Name: Ziebart Corporation
Franchise Trade Name (DBA): Ziebart
Founded: 1959 in Detroit, Michigan, USA
Founder: Kurt Ziebart
Current Owner: Ziebart International Corporation
Chairman & CEO: Thomas A. Wolfe
Operating Status: Active
Started Franchising: 1962
Industry: Automotive Maintenance
The Total Number of Stores Worldwide: 400
The Total Number of U.S Based Franchisee-Owned Units: 78
Investment Cost for Starting One Franchise Unit in the USA:
- Between $416,820 and $566,100 is the investment cost to start a new Ziebart car detailing franchise.
Average Gross Sales per One U.S.-Based Franchise Unit:
Expected Franchise Owner Profit Margin From Gross Revenue:
Franchise Business Address:
- 1290 E. Maple Road, Troy, MI 48083, USA.
Website: Franchise Opportunities | Ziebart
Phone: (248) 588-4100
Franchising Inquiry E-Mail: email@example.com
Ziebart Franchisee Initial and Ongoing Financial Requirements
Net Worth: $350,000
Liquid Assets/Cash Requirement: $150,000
Initial Fee Cost: $36,000
Ongoing Monthly/Weekly Franchisee Royalty Fees:
- Franchisor Royalty Fee: 5% and 8% of Gross Sales
- National Media Advertising Fee: 5% of Gross Sales
- AdvertisingProduction Fee: $7,638 per year
Ziebart Average Annual Gross Sales Level per One Franchise Unit
Although there is no data in Ziebart franchise disclosure regarding how much, on average, their franchises make in gross sales, the franchisor has revealed financial data for the fiscal 2021 year about four company-operated garages’ incomes.
In the fiscal year of 2021, company-owned stores have produced, on average, a total income from all sold products and services of approximately $1M per store.
Number of U.S. – Based Ziebart Stores by Years
- At the beginning of 2023, there was 400 Ziebart car detailing garages opened worldwide; 78 were U.S-based franchisee-owned locations, and 310 were international franchises.
- In 2022 there were 78 franchisee-owned and 12 franchisor-owned garages in the USA.
- In 2021 there were 82 franchisees-owned and 12 company-owned garages operating in the USA.
- In 2020 82 franchisees-owned and 12 company-owned garages were operating in the USA.
Thomas A. Wolfe is the current Chief Executive Officer, Chairman and President of the Ziebart Corporation.
Daniel C. Baker was appointed as Executive Vice President in January 2017.
Michael W. Riley has been a Senior Vice President since January 2008.
Patricia S. Lipsky has been License & Trademark Manager since February 2007.
Larisa C. Walega was appointed as Vice President of Marketing in January 2021.